Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, September 4, 2009

Need to get things going

I went to the doctor this morning. She said I'm only 1 cm dilated but I'm 80% effaced. So, good and bad. She said that once I'm fully effaced I should dilate pretty quickly. Plus last Monday when I had my first trip to L&D I was 1 cm dilated and 50% effaced. So we have seen some progress this week.

I tried to talk her into inducing me since I've been having contractions all week and am not looking forward to sitting around and continuing in this painful, slow process. But no go.

She kept saying how big he is and that's probably one of the reasons I'm in so much pain. So we scheduled an ultrasound for next Wednesday and go back to the doc on Friday. I'm praying I won't make it that long! I'm so excited about holding my little guy and definitely looking forward to not having contractions all day and night like I am.

Pray for us and a speedy delivery. Hopefully the next time I post, I'll be posting pictures of little Rich!

2 comments:

  1. Morgan.ryza@gmail.comSeptember 7, 2009 at 11:18 AM

    Totally praying for you and Rich. He will be in your arms before you know it. Rest as much as you can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait for his arrival! I know time is dragging right now, but it will all be worth it when he is finally here! Praying for you all each night for a quick delivery and healthy baby and momma. We love you all!

    ReplyDelete