Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, January 29, 2010

First Cereal

On January 12th Rich and I went to the Dr. for his 4 month checkup. He was so happy when they were measuring him that they labeled him "The happiest baby in Pearland", I thought it was pretty catchy but maybe not ALWAYS true! hehe He measured as 26 1/4" and 17lbs 1 oz, and was in the 90+ percentile on height and weight and 75th percentile in head size.

He didn't cry on the first shot but wailed for a min or so on the second and then took a LONG nap. Unfortunately he had about the same reaction to his shots this time as he did the first time and was just crying in pain all evening and only wanted to be held. But the second we put him in his nice warm bath he perked back up and was so happy just playing in the water. But when we took him out he went right back to his restless, painful after getting shots crying. He finally went to sleep and woke up the next morning well rested and in a great mood.

But one thing the doctor did say was that Rich could start eating solids so we sat down and tried cereal on the 14th. At first he wasn't so sure but he started just playing with it and the spoon.



I'm pretty sure he wasn't so enthused about the photo op.

By the end of the session he was grabbing for the spoon like he wanted to feed himself. This is something he is still doing now that we are mixing his food with bananas and sweet pototoes.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad I finally got to meet Rich! He is a super cute kiddo! Does he still love bananas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rich is growing so fast!
    I remember the 1st cereal experience with the girls.
    It is so much fun to see the expression on their face!
    Treasure all the 1st times, they go by so fast!

    ReplyDelete