Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Austin TX trip


A couple weeks ago Grandma Lynne got Rich is wonderful exersaucer. Rich just loves to play in it! It was just a great Christmas present.

Other than that we've also been trying a whole gaggle of foods. Every night right before bathtime we have some cereal mixed with breastmilk and some baby food. First we tried bananas(liked), then we tried sweet potatoes(ok) and then he had sweet peas (LOVED!). Everyone warned me that he wouldn't like them but they were his favorite so far. Below I have a picture of him eating bananas and cereal. He has also tried pears which were not to his liking, I think we are going to skip them for awhile! He just made the most sour face and even acted like he was gagging, almost like they were so bad he couldn't even stand to have them in his mouth! I even tried it to see if maybe they tasted really bad but they were just fine, he just doesn't care for pears.


A couple weeks ago we travelled up to Austin Tx to see some friends. And on the way we stopped and saw my Uncle Kenny so he could meet Rich. Uncle Kenny is a special guy and it was so neat for me to see him with Rich, especially since I was the first baby he ever held and babysat!

While we were in Austin we went to Zilker Park. I used to LOVE going to Zilker when I was a kid and wanted to start sharing that with my son. Rich got to sit in his first swing and boy did he enjoy that! Didn't surprise me much considering how much he loves his baby swing at home.



Then of course we had to ride the train...aka The Zilker Zephyr! My Grandpa and I used to ride it everytime he came to visit and I just LOVED it!

Of course we had to have a photo op with Grandma Lynne! She sure does love her sweet Grandson.

And off we go, the funny part is that by the time the train started going it was time for Rich's nap so I wasn't exactly expecting him to stay awake the whole time but I wasn't sure how he was going to react to the train ride in the first place.

He was great! I had him all wrapped up since it was a bit chilly and he just looked around and relaxed in my arms.



Maybe relaxed, isn't the right word, he passed out. The little guy feel asleep and slept soundly through almost the whole ride!

Until the scary tunnel at the end! Hehe...It's not really scary but everyone making ghosts noises echoeing in the tunnel kinda woke him up. But he was ok with it and just enjoy the rest of the train ride.
We had such a great time with our friends, Matt and Megan and definitely look forward to seeing them soon.
And on the way back to Houston we decided to stop and see Brice and Diana in College Station. As always when we go there, it was like a trip down memory lane and Chad and I get a bit nostalgic but we are always glad to come home.


This cute guitar outfit Rich is wearing has to be one of my most favorite. But my little guy isn't so little anymore and the outfit has made it's way to the "outgrown" pile.


Who knows made God will grant me another little boy in the future to wear this adorable outfit. Otherwise, I might just have to beg Leslee and Drew to have their future little guy wear it when I'm around! They outgrow things SOOO quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment